Every crystal has its own healing properties and powers, Each of these spiritual energies connect to their own unique chakras, holding vibrational energy.
This energy can be transferred to the chakra to help your mind, body, and soul heal.
There are seven chakras – the root, sacral, solar plexus, heart, threat, third eye, and crown chakras. Each of these are responsible for different areas, and have correlating gemstones and crystals.
Some stones will help us heal emotional trauma and other internal wounds, while others can help reduce anxiety, and even alleviate chronic pain.
We will go through what you need to know about the seven chakras, and how to activate chakra stones.
The Seven Chakra and Their Stones
1. Root Chakra
- Stone colors – black, red
- Location – the base of your spine
- Healing qualities – self-worth, self-doubt Security, grounding, physical activity, strength, self-esteem, stability, self-confidence,
- Stones for this chakra – smoky quartz, black obsidian, red zincite, red jasper, red garnet, hematite, spinel, black tourmaline, zircon, black tourmaline,
2. Sacral Chakra
- Stone colors – blue-green, orange
- Location – below the naval, on the lower abdomen
- Healing qualities – desire, sexual energy, reproduction, creativity, intuition, healing
- Stones for this chakra – tiger eye (see also ‘Can Tiger Eye Go in Water‘), orange calcite, vanadinite, blue-green turquoise, imperial topaz, copper, fluorite
3. Solar Plexus
- Stone colors – yellow
- Location – below the breastbone on the stomach
- Healing qualities – Protection, personal power, responsibility, compassion, ambition, intellect,
- Stones for this chakra – gold tiger’s eye, yellow jasper, amber, citrine, yellow apatite, golden calcite
4. Heart Chakra
- Stone colors – pink, green
- Location – middle of the chest
- Healing qualities – cosmic awareness through astral travel, inner peace, love, empathy, consciousness, and emotional balance
- Stones for this chakra – green aventurine, cobaltian calcite, pink and watermelon tourmaline, rose quartz, rosasite, malachite, lepidolite, jade
5. Throat Chakra
- Stone colors – blue
- Location – at the neck, above the collar one
- Healing qualities – honesty, self-expression, communication
- Stones for this chakra – angelite, blue turquoise, aquamarine, amazonite, sodalite, chrysocolla, blue kyanite, blue calcite
6. Third Eye Chakra
- Stone colors – indigo
- Location – center of the forehead above the eyebrows
- Healing qualities – Spirituality, intuition, psychic abilities, higher consciousness
- Stones for this chakra – blue apatite, lapis lazuli tanzanite, azurite,
7. Crown Chakra
- Stone colors – white, violet
- Location – above the head
- Healing qualities – enlightenment, conscientiousness, energy
- Stones for this chakra – herkimer diamond, selenite, amethyst, white calcite, quartz crystal, apophyllite, white topaz
How to Activate Chakra Stones
You can activate your chakra stones in a number of ways. However, you should know that as long as your crystal or stone is charged, it will naturally activate.
If you want to personally activate your chakra stone, you can either perform asanas or repeat a mantra of your choice. Alternatively, any other kind of activity that focuses on the chakra stones will activate them.
Cleansing Chakra Stones
While activating occurs naturally, it is crucial for you to cleanse your chakra stones frequently. This is done to ensure that your stones are full of positive energy, and any negative energy is cast out.
There are lots of ways to cleanse your chakra stones, but below are some of our favorite methods to try:
- Sage the chakra stones for one minute
- Run the stones under fresh water for one minute
- Allow the stones to sit in the sunlight for 10-12 hours
- Soak the stones in salt water for a minute
- Perform sound healing for 5-10 minutes
- Place your chakra stone beside a larger stone with quartz clusters, selenite slabs, or amethyst geodes for 24 hours
- Place your chakra stone beside a smaller stone with carnelian, hematite, or clear quartz for 24 hours (see also ‘Can Carnelian Go in Water‘)
Please remember that some crystals and stones should never come in contact with water (see also ‘What Crystals Cannot go in Water‘).
Some crystals cannot be submerged in any water, while others must only avoid salt water. Please refer to our list of crystals that should never come into contact with water to ensure that they are kept safe.
Doing this to crystals that are not water safe can result in the crystal or stone being damaged. This will change the internal structure of the crystal and negatively impact its ability to help in spiritual healing.
Why Use Chakra Stones?
Chakra stones have vibrational energy that work alongside the correlating chakra to help you heal. They have a number of health benefits, and can help you face challenges in your life.
If you find that you are struggling with any issues, chakra may be able to help you. From stress and anxiety to blood pressure and fertility, there are chakra stones that can help you on your healing journey.
How Can Chakra Stones be Used?
One of the most common ways for chakra stones to be used is through jewelry.
Most commonly, you will see chakra jewelry being worn in the form of necklaces and bracelets. However, chakra earrings and rings are also popular, and are stunning.
Stones such as turquoise, amethyst, and moonstone are some of the most popular options for jewelry. Anything can be used for this purpose, though.
Some stones should not be worn for a long period of time, though, as they can have very powerful effects.
Chakra stones can also be used alongside meditation. This can help to restore chakra flow while you focus on it and place it in the area it correlates with.
You can also use chakra stones during yoga to help you focus and amplify your health. The stones can help you get rid of stale energy that’s keeping you back, and allow you to unblock your full potential.
Chakra stones (see also ‘What Are The 7 Chakra Stones?‘) play an important role in spirituality. Not only are the various stones so beautiful, but their energy and healing powers can help you live your best life and reach your goals.
Whether you choose to wear chakra jewelry to help you throughout your day, or you meditate with it, you can feel the power.
These stones will activate automatically, but you must always remember to cleanse them to get rid of negative energy.
- Is Malachite Useful For Healthy Relationships? - March 29, 2023
- How To Activate Carnelian Stone - March 29, 2023
- How To Make Incense - March 26, 2023