If you haven’t been cleaning your crystals up until now, well, here’s your reminder to cleanse them! Whether it’s been a few weeks, months, or even years, we are making crystal hygiene our priority from now on, right?
Now we have established that… this guide will explore everything you need to know about cleansing the beauty that is the Carnelian crystal.
When it comes to stones, carnelian is one of the most impressive ones – providing you with vibrations packed with motivation, courage, and self-trust.
Moreover, it is known as being a self-restoration miracle, great for transmuting negative conditioning to much-needed motivation and overcoming any obstacle that comes your way.
Therefore, since the stone is providing you with so much, you’ll want to show it some love, too. The least you could do is keep it cleansed, charged, and sparkling as it supports you.
This isn’t only about aesthetics, either. Cleaning your crystals keeps removing old patterns and energies from your crystals – keeping them potent and ready to tackle your problems.
With this in mind, this article will explore everything you need to know about cleansing the carnelian crystal.
Let’s get started.
How To Clean Carnelian?
Healing crystals are ideal for removing negative energies you may attract through the day and keeping yourself grounded.
While you may benefit from the properties of these stones, it is then important that you make sure to cleanse them in order to dispel any negative energies left inside before using them again.
Much of the power behind charging and cleansing crystals can be found in the intention of the user. For instance, if you were to imagine negative energy flowing away from your crystal, you’re more likely to feel positive when performing your rituals.
This goes the same when working with the carnelian stone – as it is a stone of alchemy. Before using the stone, you’re setting the intention that all the energy that won’t serve is dissipated.
As such, you can walk away from futile relationships, toxic friendships, and anything else that has the ability to disturb your peace and joy.
Since crystals have the ability to absorb all the energy around them, it is important to charge and remove any energies that have built up over time.
Below, we have outlined a few simple methods to cleanse your carnelian stones. These include:
Cleansing Carnelian with Smoke (Smudging)
This is a technique originally used by indigenous cultures for many centuries. Here, smudging takes herbs, including sweetgrass, sage, lavender, and palo santo, and mixes them together.
Thanks to its metaphysical properties, it is considered a sacred practice, especially when sage is involved. Below, we have outlined how to energetically cleanse your carnelian.
- Take a smudge stick or some sage and light it (you can also burn an incense stick, too).
- Hold the stick are your crystals while visualizing the smoke cleansing, purifying, and charging your crystals using positive energy.
- Keep doing this for approximately 30 seconds, focusing the smoke on cleansing, healing, and refreshing your crystals.
- Once you have finished, make sure to open your windows to remove the smoke that was produced – properly ventilating the room.
Cleansing Carnelian with Water
The benefits of cleansing your carnelian stone with water are that you don’t have to worry about potentially damaging the stone. Below is a step-by-step guide on how to do so.
- Fill a large bowl with water.
- For a couple of seconds, rinse your stones under water and then place them in a container – making sure they are completely submerged.
- If you’re looking to use your carnelian straight after cleansing then allow it to soak for a few hours. Otherwise, you can leave it overnight for a more thorough cleansing.
- Then, remove your carnelian from the water and rinse it under running water for a few seconds.
- Once done, pat dry your crystal with a paper towel or a soft cloth and replace it back in your collection. This ensures your other crystals aren’t negatively affected by the water.
The most effective element to use when cleansing your crystal is fresh tap water. That said, if you want to work with other elements, such as moon water (water that has been charged under the moon) or freshwaters from a nearby stream, you only need enough to emerge the stone.
Cleansing Carnelian With The Earth
To re-activate its spirit and return energy to its original form you can plant your crystal in the ground.
If the Earth makes you feel grounded, find a safe place to bury your carnelians, such as by your favorite plant or a spot in your garden.
Leave it here for a day or two and then rinse it using fresh water.
Cleansing Carnelian With Moonlight
This method cleanses and charges your crystals at the same time. Plus, it works with all types of stones, too.
Here, the crystals are able to absorb all the moon’s feminine energy, allowing you to harness its strength in your everyday life.
To charge your crystals using the energy of the moon, all you have to do is place your carnelian on your windowsill before going to bed and it will charge overnight.
Why Should You Cleanse Your Crystals?
The practice of cleansing your crystal is essential since they have the ability to harbor hostile energy. Thus, if you don’t cleanse your carnelian, you could carry negative energy around with you.
The best way to cleanse your crystals is by using one of the above-mentioned methods for the best results.
Not only does cleansing your crystals keep them sparkling and shiny but it also ensures that there are no negative energies trapped inside.
This is especially important if you’re trying to reap all the benefits of your crystals.
Hopefully, this guide has informed you on everything you need to know about cleansing your carnelian crystals.
- Lapis Lazuli Vs Aquamarine – Facts, Uses & More - May 29, 2023
- Lapis Lazuli Vs Azurite – Facts, Uses & More - May 29, 2023
- Lapis Lazuli Vs Desert Rose Selenite – Facts, Uses & More - May 29, 2023