The paranormal has always fascinated us. From ghostly apparitions to unexplained phenomena, most of us have a story or tale of a creepy encounter or unusual experience – and when this happens in the security and sanctuary of our own home, it can feel unnerving.
Learning how to identify signs of negative energy in your house is an important element of learning to live in harmony with the spirit world, as well as being able to protect yourself from harm.
To help, we have put together some of the key signs that your home may be haunted or cursed by the spirits of those who once lived there, as well as some steps that you can take to clear your energy and restore peace and balance to your tranquil sanctuary.
Get To Know The Mood Of Your House
One of the key elements in identifying when something is not quite right in your home is to have a good understanding of how things feel on a normal day.
It is important to take some time to get to know the “neutral”, or resting state of your house, as this will make it much easier to pick up on things that are not quite right.
To really get in tune with your home, start by giving everything a good clean, and opening all the windows and doors to let stale energy escape, and invite fresh, new energy in.
Then, spend some time walking around your home, or just sitting in silence, listening to the sounds around you, inhaling the smell that is uniquely your home, and getting used to the energy and presence that should fill the space.
By having a better understanding of how things “should” feel, you will be in a prime position to identify when things are not quite right.
Listen Out For Strange Sounds
Strange sounds are often the first sign that something is wrong in your home, and they can come in many forms.
They could be creaking floorboards, strange noises coming from outside, or even voices calling out for someone.
If you hear anything that seems out of place, or if you notice any changes in the way your home feels, then it’s best to contact a professional medium or psychic reader to find out what is going on.
If you feel confident, you can also ask the negative entity or energy to leave by saying a prayer or giving a command – many people find that the Lord’s Prayer can be helpful in these situations – or by lighting some sage or a candle.
If you do decide to try this method, remember to use your intuition, and don’t force anything. You may need to repeat the process several times before the entity leaves.
Feelings Of Fear And Anxiety
Another common sign that something is not quite right is unexplained feelings of fear and anxiety.
While it is normal for us all to experience fear, sadness, and anxiety in our lives at some point, our homes are our castles and should be a sanctuary from the rest of the world.
If you find yourself experiencing these feelings and there is no clear underlying cause, it could be a sign that something is not right in your home.
It is important to note that while it is perfectly natural to feel anxious about certain events, such as moving into a new home or starting a new job, it is very unusual to feel fearful and anxious over nothing more than the fact that your house has been empty for a few days.
This is because most homes are filled with positive energies, which help to keep us safe and happy.
When we move into a new home, we bring along with us our own personal energy, but this is usually balanced by the energy of the home itself – and we can uncover this using the methods we discussed earlier.
However, if there is an imbalance between the two, then we can begin to feel uneasy, and sometimes even afraid.
When this happens, it is always best to seek advice from a professional medium or psychic, who can help you to understand why you are feeling so unsettled and should be able to order any negativity to move on and leave the house.
A priest is also a good option if you have a religious faith.
Sickness Or Illness
In some cases, negative energy from an entity in your home can actually cause ill health for the inhabitants and residents of the house.
This is especially true if the person or persons living in the house are children, elderly people, or pets.
It is impossible to predict exactly what effect a negative spirit might have on another human being; some people are naturally more sensitive to the effects of negative entities, while others seem immune to them.
If you notice that the members of your household are regularly becoming sick, feeling faint or headachy, or developing other symptoms of illness, it could be a warning sign that something is wrong in the house.
Always double-check that the appliances in your home are working correctly, and have a carbon monoxide alarm installed to rule out any less supernatural causes.
If, however, you have checked that everything is working as it should, and the issue or illness persists, this could be a sign that there is negative energy present within your home, and it needs to be dealt with immediately.
Feeling Tired or Drained
In a similar vein, you may have negative energy present in your home if you feel inexplicably tired or drained after spending time there.
It is possible that the spirits in the house are draining your energy, and leaving you exhausted.
In some cases, spirits and entities can drain our energy through various means, and often use this to fuel their own manifestation and energy.
See if you feel more energized and alert after staying at another location for a night or two, or even just heading out for the day.
If you have checked for any other causes – as seen above – and the problem persists, you could have an unwanted visitor.
Another way to identify signs of negative energy in your home is to look for unusual behavior.
For example, if you notice that one of your family members seems unusually nervous or agitated, or behaves in a strange manner, this could be a symptom of negative energy.
If you suspect that someone has been possessed by a demon, or is under the influence of a witch doctor, it is important to get professional help. If you do not, you could end up harming yourself or others.
What Can You Do?
Though it may seem frightening and overwhelming, the good news is that there are many ways to deal with negative energy in your home, and we will explore some of the main tips to try below.
Double Check For Other Causes
The first thing to do is double-check that there are no other factors that could be causing the negative signs – as we mentioned above, these include carbon monoxide, faulty appliances, electrical problems, poor ventilation, general illness, or even pets or other household members.
By making certain that there is no other possible cause for the events, you can then focus on dealing with the negative energy itself.
Identifying The Source
Once you have identified that there is negative energy in your home (or anywhere else), the next step is to find out who or what is responsible for creating it.
This can be done using different methods, depending on how much information you have about the situation.
For example, if you know that a particular person was recently in the house, you might want to ask them directly whether they had anything to do with the negative energy – the living can pass on negative energy either intentionally or unintentionally.
Alternatively, if you think that a spirit or entity is responsible, you could try asking them to leave the property, and see if the negative energy dissipates.
You may also be able to narrow down the source to a particular spot or area, such as a room or specific object, and this may give you some hints as to the possible motivation behind the vibe,
Dealing With The Problem
Now that you have identified the source of the negative energy, you need to figure out how best to deal with it. There are several options available to you, including:
This involves cleansing the space where the negative energy is located.
Cleansing can involve burning incense, smudging, chanting, or praying, but it should always be done with caution. Some of the main options for cleaning your space include:
- Burning Sage: Sage is known to be very effective at clearing negative energies from spaces, and it is one of the most common types of cleansing used around the world. It is usually burned in a censer, placed near windows, doors, or other areas where negative energy is thought to enter the home.
- Smudging: Smudging is another method of cleansing that uses smoke to clear away negative energies. Smudge sticks are lit and waved over an area where the negative energy is believed to exist.
- Praying: Prayers are often used to cleanse homes and can be performed alone or with a group of people. Prayers are generally directed towards God, or the spirits of ancestors, and can be said aloud or silently.
- Chanting: Chants are prayers that are sung and can be used to help remove negative energies. They are often accompanied by drumming, rattling, or clapping, and can be repeated throughout the day.
- Incense: Incense is sometimes used to purify places, and can be burned continuously throughout the day. Incense is made up of various herbs and spices, which are burned together to create a fragrant smoke.
- Sound Therapy: Some people believe that sound therapy can be used to rid a space of negative energy. Sound therapy involves playing music or listening to recordings that are designed to improve moods, relax muscles, or induce sleep.
- Visualization: Another way to deal with negative energy is through visualization. Visualizing positive images can help you feel more relaxed while visualizing negative ones can help you overcome fears and anxieties. You can use visualization techniques to change your thoughts about something or to focus on what you want instead of what you don’t want.
Using Crystals For Clearing
Another popular option for clearing space is to use crystals – these can be worn as jewelry, carried in pockets, or even kept in drawers.
Crystals are believed to hold the power to attract good luck, happiness, and prosperity, so they can be used to attract positive energies into a space.
Crystals are also useful when dealing with negative energies because they can absorb negative energy and transform it into positive energy.
This process is called “crystal healing”, and many people find this type of treatment helpful.
Some of the key crystals that can help with crystal healing include:
- Amethyst: Amethyst has been used since ancient times to protect against negativity. It is believed to have the ability to neutralize negative emotions like anger, jealousy, and fear.
- Aquamarine: Aquamarine is associated with love, peace, and harmony. It is believed to bring balance to relationships and can be used during meditation to increase feelings of calmness.
- Citrine: Citrine is associated with joy, optimism, and success. It is believed to help people achieve their goals and can be used in meditation to encourage self-confidence.
- Rose Quartz: Rose quartz is associated with love, compassion, and friendship. It is believed to promote emotional well-being and can be used for meditation to enhance feelings of contentment.
- Selenite: Selenite is associated with protection from negativity and can be used as an amulet to ward off evil spirits. Selenite is also known as moonstone and is believed to give strength and courage.
- Tourmaline: Tourmaline is associated with abundance, health, and wealth. It is believed to provide protection from illness and can be used with other stones to boost energy levels. It is also very useful for grounding and protection and can be used to clear away any unwanted energies.
How To Clean Your House To Reduce Negativity
If you have found yourself feeling overwhelmed by negative energies in your home, there are some simple ways to cleanse your house to reduce them. Here are just a few tips:
- Use Essential Oils: Essential oils are natural scents that are extracted from plants. They are often used to treat specific conditions, but can also be used to remove negative energies from a room. Some essential oils that can be used to do this include lavender, which is associated with relaxation, sleep, and stress relief. It is believed to be effective at removing negative energies. Frankincense is also associated with protection, purification, and spiritual growth. It is believed to remove negative energies from your home.
- Clear Out Clutter: Clutter attracts more clutter, which creates more negative energy. If you notice that your home feels cluttered, try cleaning out all of the items in your house. You may want to keep only things that you truly need, and donate anything else that you no longer use.
- Light Candles: Candles are another way to create a relaxing atmosphere in your home. Try using candles made from different types of fragrances, such as vanilla or orange. These will add a sense of comfort and warmth to your home.
- Burn Incense: Burning incense is another way to create a calming environment. Incense is usually made up of herbs, resins, and spices. The scent of these ingredients helps to relax you, and can even help to relieve anxiety.
- Create A Sacred Space: Creating a sacred space in your home is one of the best ways to rid your home of negative energies. This means creating a place where you feel safe and comfortable. Make sure that you decorate your sacred space with objects that remind you of positive experiences. For example, if you enjoy gardening, put pictures of flowers on your walls.
- Keep An Open Mind: Negative energies cannot always be removed completely from your home. However, they can be reduced significantly through regular cleansing rituals. If you find that you still feel overwhelmed by negative energies after following these steps, consider consulting a psychic medium.
Negative energy in your home can be a frightening experience, and it’s important to know how to identify signs of negativity so that you can take action quickly.
By taking care of your home regularly, and having tips in place to dissipate negative energy, you can make it a safer and healthier place to live.