Crystal jewelry not only looks gorgeous, but it’s a fabulous way of using crystal healing. This practice has been around for centuries. Many people believe that crystal healing can be used to recover spiritually, emotionally, and even physically.
Another benefit of crystal jewelry is that it allows you to express yourself. You can wear your favorite crystals and look great whilst doing so.
Making your own crystal jewelry enables you to personalize this accessory. It’s surprisingly simple to make a dazzling crystal necklace. This guide will lead you through the entire process!
How To Make Crystal Jewelry
To make this piece of personalized jewelry, all you will need is:
- A crystal: continue reading for advice on how to select the perfect crystal.
- Wire: we recommend using 24-gauge wire, as this is ideal for homemade jewelry. Use whatever color wire you want.
- Wire cutters: these hand-held cutters are useful tools in jewelry making.
- Safety equipment: to keep yourself safe, we recommend wearing protective equipment. This includes safety goggles, which will protect your eyes from debris.
- Pliers: this will keep your jewelry in place.
- A necklace chain: we recommend using a necklace chain that is the same color as the wire that you’re using.
- Firstly, cut two separate pieces of wire using the wire cutters. The pieces of wire should be the same length, measuring approximately 5 inches. The larger your crystal, the longer these wires will need to be.
- Twist these wires together at the center. The wires need to wrap around each other, as opposed to merely twisting one wire while the other remains straight. Using your fingers, you should stabilize the intersection to ensure that this twist is successful. You don’t need to achieve perfection, as a less perfect twist will give the jewelry a more homemade vibe.
- Now it’s time to add the crystal to this necklace. Place the crystal up against the twisted section of the wire. Position it between the two lines of wire.
- Now that the crystal is in position, twist the two pieces of wire that are at the back of the crystal. If you have thin fingers, this step will likely be easy. If not, you may struggle, as this task requires nimble fingers! This will create a miniature basket for the crystal.
- Continue twisting the wires until the intersection is the same size as the original intersection. Make certain that these twists are tight, as this will keep the crystal protected.
- Using the leftover wire, create a hoop atop the crystal by twisting them. This will act as a way of attaching the crystal to the necklace chain. If there is any leftover wire sticking out, cut it using the cutters. Otherwise, this wire could be a health hazard. Not to mention, this will ensure that your pendant looks nice.
- Attach the necklace chain to this wire halo. Try on this chain to ensure that it fits nicely. With any luck, your beautiful new crystal necklace will look lovely!
How Do You Choose The Right Crystal?
Picking the perfect crystal for this task can be difficult, but it is nonetheless essential to carefully consider the options. After all, each crystal works differently.
Therefore, you may not get the desired effect if you make the wrong choice. Here are the most important factors to think about:
Essentially, you should think about what you want this crystal to do for you. Do you want it to reduce stress? Or do you want to be a more loving person? Whatever the case, research the effects of different crystals so that you can identify one that’s relevant to you.
For example, rose quartz is a crystal associated with love and emotion. Meanwhile, ruby is beneficial for improving prosperity and enhancing vitality. So remember to do your homework to find the best crystal.
Of course, you may also want to consider the aesthetic of the crystal. Most people don’t want to wear crystal jewelry if it looks bad and clashes with their outfits.
Therefore, you should try to find a crystal that matches your aesthetic. For instance, is there a color that you wear frequently? If so, you may want to utilize a crystal that complements this color.
If you are making this crystal necklace for another person, you should think about their favorite colors and what shades suit them.
Finally, price is another important consideration. Crystals can be quite costly, especially if you choose to opt for diamond, musgravite, ruby, or sapphire. If you shop around (see also ‘9 Beautiful Wholesale Crystals‘), you may be lucky enough to find these crystals at low prices.
To save yourself money, it may be best to choose a more common crystal. Some of the more budget-friendly crystal varieties include jasper, rose quartz, citrine, clear quartz, and amethyst. Despite their low prices, these crystals can still be incredibly beneficial.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Can You Sell Crystal Jewelry?
Selling crystal jewelry can become an incredibly profitable business. One way of selling crystals is through a store, but this can be risky due to the high cost.
Alternatively, you can sell your crystal jewelry online. Platforms such as Etsy, eBay, and Facebook Marketplace are great for selling crystals. You can also rent a store in marketplaces to sell your spectacular crystal jewelry.
What Are The Benefits Of Wearing Crystal Jewelry?
This jewelry style not only looks amazing, but it is also beneficial to the wearer. Namely, these crystals can affect your energies and emotions.
The impact that this jewelry has will differ depending on what crystal you are donning. Generally, these crystals will reduce energy blockages and ward off negativity. As a result, you will be filled with positive energy.
If you want to feel the benefits of crystal healing, crystal necklaces are a great way of tapping into the powerful energies of these beautiful stones. Not to mention, making crystal jewelry can allow you to get in touch with your creative side.
So why not use this guide to make a dazzling crystal necklace that will instantly elevate your outfit?!
- Lapis Lazuli Vs Aquamarine – Facts, Uses & More - May 29, 2023
- Lapis Lazuli Vs Azurite – Facts, Uses & More - May 29, 2023
- Lapis Lazuli Vs Desert Rose Selenite – Facts, Uses & More - May 29, 2023